Software Engineer (Backend)
SupplyHive™ was founded on the core idea that the supplier performance management space deserves a far better experience than what is available today in manual and non-automated processes. SupplyHive™ is backed and led by some of the most prominent Chicago leaders, advisors, and investors. We have developed a digital solution to transform a multibillion-dollar industry and affect the Supplier Performance sector in the US and beyond.
You will be responsible for developing core functionality for our flagship product. You will work with our SVP Product & Engineering and SupplyHive™ leadership team to bring our ambitious product roadmap to life. You will collaborate very closely with our frontend engineers and AI/data science team to ensure we can continue to roll out product updates at a rapid pace.
Our backend technology stack includes Node.js, TypeScript, and PostgreSQL, with our cloud infrastructure on Google Cloud. Your role will include both building new modules to support upcoming functionality and refactoring old modules for performance, security, and maintainability.
We are looking for someone who wants to grow with SupplyHive™ as we are rapidly expanding our team and signing on the world’s largest companies as our customers. If you’re looking to get on the ground floor of the next digital revolution and Chicago tech success story – this opportunity may be for you.
As we transform supplier performance management with our performance metrics platform, we invite you to join SupplyHive™ in enabling the digital transformation journey.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about development and are eager to expand your knowledge within a fast-paced start-up environment; you embrace change, and your solutions are engineered for it
- You are a self-starter and an innovator who thrives on tough technical challenges and finds ways to apply technology to solve business problems
- You are an experienced technologist, but you are also known as a trusted teammate who helps everyone deliver value together
- You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver, who leads by example and has strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have a deeply ingrained sense of timeliness and urgency to resolve problems
- You have excellent organization skills and can work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision, while effectively identifying, organizing, and prioritizing multiple projects for themselves and others.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Focus on overall product quality and user experience
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges
What You Need:
- S. preferred in Computer Science or related discipline
- Full-time development experience (2-3+ years) with Node.js
- Demonstrated experience with PostgreSQL or other similar relational DBs
- Demonstrated experience building REST API integrations with third-party services
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with writing tests (unit testing, regression testing, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies and DevOps pipelines
- Familiar with Docker
- Familiar with Google Cloud infrastructure
- Familiar with AI/machine learning applications
- Familiar with integrating backend services with React frontend applications
The Hive Culture
For the right candidate, we have an attractive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Unlimited paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. You can be based in Chicago, US; remote will be considered.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
COVID-19 Virtual Interview Policy
The safety and security of SupplyHive’s™ current and prospective employees, customers, and the communities we serve are our first priority.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, we have transitioned to virtual interviews for the foreseeable future. We look forward to all upcoming video and phone interview conversations with our prospective candidates.
We are always in search of top talent to join the SupplyHive™ team. If you are looking for a career change, don’t hesitate to apply or reach out to us. We’ll have virtual interactions until we are able to move forward again with in-person interactions.
SupplyHive is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.